Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mel gets hell



You all know the Mel Gibson story.

And he's rightly catching hell for these kinds of slurs.

Now, what if Mel had been yelling, "Muslims cause all the wars in the world!"
"There's a Muslim conspiracy to take over the world!"

Would he be blackballed? Would newscasters be saying that this was a career-ending move?

I think he'd be lauded as a hero by Fox News. I think all the right wing blogs would have banners praising his name. They say these very things all the time.

I also don't think he'd be blackballed by Hollywood.

Makes you wonder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lazaro74 said...

God, I'm glad I was able to see THE PASSION for free (it's reviewed on my blog way, way in the back somewhere).

And don't get me started on BRAVEHEART.

Anti-Muslim comments probably would have cost him SOME credit in Hollywood--its liberal reputation isn't entirely a myth, even if that which exists is rather loopy and single-issue.

8/02/2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger beervolcano said...

God, I'm glad I never saw the passion.

I'll find your review.

Oh, anti muslim tirades might have cost him some cred in hollywood, but not in the news media.

Did you see Stephen Colbert's take on it? It was hilarious.
You must find it.

8/04/2006 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home